This ceremony celebrates doctoral candidates in 15 of our colleges whose semester ends with the traditional spring calendar.
The University Doctoral Ceremony recognizes Doctoral candidates from all colleges except the College of Dentistry.
The following degrees will be conferred at this Ceremony: PhD, EdD, AuD, DBA, DNP, DPM, DPT, OTD, PharmD, LLM, SJD and JD.
All participants are individually recognized while being hooded on stage.
- Doctoral Commencement Ceremony
- Date & Time: Friday, December 17, 2pm-4pm. Candidate processional at 1:40pm.
- Location: Stephen C. O’Connell Center
- Candidate Assembly: : 12:30pm at Gate 4. Bring your name card, wear your regalia with the tassel on the left. Carry your hood draped on your right arm, narrow part on the outside of your arm, wide end near your body.
- Guest Arrival: Doors open at 12:30pm at Gate 1.
- Tickets: At this time, we do not plan to ticket this ceremony nor limit the per-candidate guest count. However, should CDC guidelines shift, we may need to make changes accordingly. If this were to occur, we will communicate any adjustments to our plans to our candidates and our guests.
- Regalia: Required.