- Why aren't there summer ceremonies?
On Thursday, June 4, 2020, the State University System directed all Florida public universities to plan alternatives to in-person commencement ceremonies due to continued COVID-19 health guidelines limiting gatherings. This means we will not be able to hold our graduation weekend as we had planned. We regret the disappointment and inconvenience this has caused.
We chose not to reschedule, as we felt any dates would face the possibility of cancellation due to COVID-19. We are committed to providing every graduate an opportunity to participate in a future in-person ceremony once we are able to safely resume our regularly scheduled commencement ceremonies. We will contact you once we are confident in-person ceremonies can resume.
- Can I still order regalia?
Regalia will still be available for ordering; we know many graduates still want it for pictures, souvenirs and/or attending a ceremony in the future. These can be ordered through your Gator1 after you have applied to graduate in OneUF. There is a $10 fee if the order is placed after June 24.
- Doctoral candidates rent a tam, robe and hood. Rentals will be mailed to the address provided in the regalia order system. You will receive them by August 1st. They must be returned, postmarked no later than August 24.
- Master's and Specialist's degree candidates purchase a cap, gown and hood; they will be mailed to the address provided in the regalia order system. You will receive them by August 1st.
- Bachelor's degree candidates purchase a cap and gown; they will be mailed to the address provided in the regalia order system. You will receive them by August 1st.
Please note, the commencement office cannot assist with regalia orders.
- How can I get a copy of the commencement program?
Graduates will receive two copies of the printed university commencement program mailed to their DIPLOMA MAILING ADDRESS at the end of the final summer session. These keepsake programs have the names of all students graduating this summer.
(Please note this may not be an exhaustive list, as it reflects applications submitted by the deadline, June 29. Academic honors designations listed in the program are also determined at this time. We understand students may apply to graduate after this date, and GPAs may fluctuate through the course of the semester. However, due to the printing schedule, we must use the application deadline as the final submission point for the program)
Approximately two weeks before graduation weekend, the full PDF of the program will be available online at https://commencement.ufl.edu at the bottom of the page. This version can be viewed and/or downloaded at any time.
- How Can I Receive UP-TO-DATE Info On My Own?
We have two great resources:
- When, where or how will diplomas be distributed?
Students finish taking finals on Friday, August 14 at 5pm, so grades aren’t finalized graduation weekend; they’re finalized the following week.
It then takes about 8 weeks to input grades, update records, certify degrees, print diplomas, sort them for mailing and put them in the mail to students’ DIPLOMA MAILING ADDRESSES listed in their OneUF. Hence, graduates receive their diplomas in late September.