This ceremony celebrates doctoral candidates in 14 of our colleges whose semester ends with the traditional spring calendar.
The Doctoral Commencement Ceremony recognizes candidates from all colleges except the Levin College of Law and the College of Dentistry. The following degrees will be conferred at this ceremony: PhD, EdD, AuD, DBA, DNP, DPM, and DPT. Attendees will be individually recognized as they cross the stage and will be hooded by President Kent Fuchs and Chief Marshal and Professor Hans van Oostrom.
Doctoral candidates who plan to attend this ceremony RSVPed between February 19 and March 31. Those who registered by the deadline will receive 4 guest tickets for this ceremony in the Stephen C. O'Connell Center electronically on April 20.
Please note, CDC guidelines and UF protocol require everyone in the Stephen C. O'Connell Center to wear masks in the building. We ask that guests and graduates maintain a 6-foot distance from persons not in their party.
- Spring 2021 Doctoral Commencement Ceremony
*PARTICIPATING DEGREES: PhD, EdD, AuD, DBA, DNP, DPT
- Date & Time: Thursday, April 29. 9am-11am.
- Location: Stephen C. O’Connell Center.
- Graduate Assembly: Gate 4 will open for graduates at 8am. Graduates are required to wear masks and regalia (but carrying their hood).
- Guest Admission: Gate 1 will open for guests at 8am. Guests are required to wear masks and present their tickets.
- Escort Admission: Gate 4 will be open for escorts at 8am to their special seating area in section 123, 121, and 223. They will not need tickets but will provided with a special escort pass by the Director of Commencements.
- Tickets: Graduates who register for this ceremony by March 31 will receive 4 guest tickets electronically on April 20.