- Official Ceremony Photographers
University Photography has been our ceremony photographers for more than 25 years.
They take multiple photos of each graduate during the various stages of the ceremony, including crossing the stage, shaking hands with their dean and sitting on the arena floor during the ceremony. They also take green-screen photos and add different backdrop options for you and your grad to choose from later.
Proofs of your graduate’s ceremony photos are sent within 10 days of commencement weekend to the permanent address listed on their name card, which students receive at check-in.Contact information for University Photography:University Photography, P.O. Box 2454, Tuscaloosa, AL 35403-2454205-391-9500
- Privately Hired Photographers
Some students and their families hire private professional photographers to take pictures before, after, and during the ceremony to commemorate this occasion. Please know that these photographers will not be permitted to be on the floor or stage of our venue, as they could obstruct the view of our video crews, contracted photographers, streaming equipment, grads and/or guests.
- Your Photographs and Photography Equipment
We know this is a big day, take all the photos you’d like, but please know that friends and family members will not be permitted on the floor or stage of the venue.
We know many people take pictures with their phone cameras. Please be sure your cell phones are muted, so as not disturb those around you.
When choosing photography equipment, keep in mind the safety policies of our venues:
Video, film, and digital cameras are permitted, including those with interchangeable lenses. For both the safety and consideration of those around you, the following rules are in place:
- Tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, or similar apparatuses that can obstruct aisles or others' view are not permitted in any of our venues.
- Due to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium's clear bag policy (bags must be clear and no larger than 12"x6"x12"), camera bags are not permitted in this venue.
- Camera bags are permitted in the Stephen C. O’Connell Center but are subject to inspection.